- What constitutes an "observational experience?
- How may preceptors be used in the clinical setting?
- What is meant by the "ratio of classroom/clinical hours?
- Is it necessary for nursing faculty to co-sign nursing students' nursing notes and other related documents utilized for charting?
- What tasks can a nursing student in a BON approved nursing education program perform during clinical learning experiences?
- Are students practicing under someone else's license during clinical learning experiences?
- How can clinical evaluation tools show progression of students' cognitive, affective, and psychomotor achievements?
- How can a nursing educational program increase the number of students in clinical settings?
- How can a program utilize an MSN student majoring in nursing education and being mentored by a faculty member in a nursing program?
- How can vocational nursing educational programs meet the requirements of the rule to provide students with experiences in both acute and non-acute care settings for Pediatrics and Obstetrics when acute clinical opportunities in these areas are shrinking?
Complaints to the BON About Nursing Programs
- What are specific requirements about a program of study in nursing?
- Is it necessary to obtain BON approval to incorporate IV therapy into the existing curriculum for vocational nursing education as a part of medication administration and pharmacology?
- What constitutes a major or minor curriculum change?
- What would be included in an abbreviated proposal for a major curriculum change?
- What are the BON requirements regarding the HESI examination?
- What are the required qualifications of a Dean or Director of a professional nursing education (RN) program?
- What are the required qualifications of a Director or Coordinator of a vocational nursing education program?
- What is the difference between a program director and a program coordinator? What is the role of an assistant director or coordinator?
- What are the qualifications for nursing faculty in a professional nursing education (RN) program?
- What are the qualifications for nursing faculty in a professional nursing education (VN) program?
- Can licensed vocational nurses be used as faculty in VN nursing programs?
- What are the qualifications for adjunct (part-time) nursing faculty?
- How would a nursing program determine how many faculty members are needed?
- What can clinical teaching assistants do?
- What is the appropriate workload for full time and part time nursing faculty?
- Can programs use lab assistants? What are their qualifications? What can they do? Are they considered faculty?
- What faculty policies should be included in the Faculty Handbook?
NCLEX Examination Pass Rates
- How can students have input into program development?
- Does the BON have specific admission requirements for entry into a school of nursing?
- Does the BON have requirements for the exact items that must be kept in the student's record?
- What can a nursing student do in their job as a nurse tech/medical tech when not functioning as a student in their nursing education program?
- When can a nursing student be reported to the BON?
- Does the BON have policies or statements pertaining to students with disabilities?